Cannabidiol —CBD— is a compound in Cannabis that offers various beneficial properties. Taken alone, CBD is not psychoactive; when mixed with THC it tends to smooth and modulate the euphoric effects of THC, often this is something patients tend to dislike in high THC strains.
After decades only high-THC Cannabis, CBD-rich strains are now being grown by and for medical patients. CBD has demonstrated neuro-protective effects in some pathological conditions, and its anti-cancer potential is currently being explored at several academic research centers worldwide.
CBD is one of over 60+ compounds found in cannabis that belong to a class of molecules called cannabinoids. Of these compounds, CBD and THC are usually present in the highest concentrations, and are therefore the most recognized and studied.
Despite a different pathway of action, CBD seems to possess many of the same benefits of THC. According to a 2013 review published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, studies have found CBD to possess the following medical properties:
Medical Properties of CBD:
- Antiemetic combats nausea and vomiting.
- Anticonvulsant combats seizure activity.
- Antipsychotic combats psychosis disorders.
- Anti-inflammatory combats inflammatory disorders.
- Anti-oxidant combats neurodegenerative disorders.
- Anti-tumoral/Anti-cancer combats tumor and cancer cells.
- Anxiolytic/Anti-depressant combats anxiety and depression disorders.The reason Cannabis works so well for so many diseases and conditions, is the endocannabinoid system, a central component of the health and healing of every human and almost every animal.
CBD/THC & Epilepsy
We have seen a huge amount of children with epilepsy that has benefited enormous from getting high CBD rich cannabis as treatment.
Many children like Charlotte Figi, who was having 300 grand mal seizures a week and Jayden and his dad Jason, who also decided to try cannabis with high CBD as a treatment option.
There are loads of people reporting about huge benefits from using CBD/THC for treating epileptic seizures.
CBD could be effective in easing symptoms of a wide range of difficult-to-control conditions, including:
Rheumatoid arthritis, Diabetes, Alcoholism, PTSD, epilepsy, antibiotic-resistant infections and neurological disorders.